DORA metrics are an industry-standard set of measurements that are included in Keptn; see the following for a description:
- What are DORA Metrics and Why Do They Matter?
- Are you an Elite DevOps Performer? Find out with the Four Keys Project
DORA metrics provide information such as:
- How many deployments happened in the last six hours?
- Time between deployments
- Deployment time between versions
- Average time between versions.
Metrics are collected only for the resources that are annotated.
To view DORA metrics, run the following two commands:
- Retrieve the service name with:
kubectl -n keptn-lifecycle-toolkit-system get service -l control-plane=lifecycle-operator
- Then port-forward to the name of your service:
kubectl -n keptn-lifecycle-toolkit-system port-forward service/<YOURNAME> 2222
Then view the metrics at:
DORA metrics are also displayed on Grafana or whatever dashboard application you choose. For example: